Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to The Angry Etailer

I need to vent.  I've got lots of stress and some good stories...and some that are lame, but I need to vent.

I am an ecommerce entrepreneur.  I own a small company that basically sells shit online.  When I see old acquaintances, they always ask "what are you doing now?"  I really don't know how to answer that question.  My answer usually falls somewhere between "I'm an ecommerce entrepreneur" and "I sell shit online."

What do I sell?  Well, I'll try not to get too specific here - you know, protect the innocent (as well as the guilty), but currently I have five stand-alone websites selling different types of items.  We also dabble in Amazon selling a bit, for things that really don't fit our other sites.  And though I hate to admit it, our new employees train by selling on eBay.  Sorry eBay shoppers, that's what eBay has become, a place to work out the kinks in trainee's spelling, description construction, photo editing, etc.

Why am I angry?  My anger stems from a bit of exposure to massive amounts of stupidity and from the frustration that I still have to be exposed to the stupidity on a daily basis.  I'm not talking about the kind of stupidity where someone simply has a low IQ, isn't book smart or has brain damage....I'm talking about the kind of stupidity where the stupid is caused by a complete disregard for common decency, common sense and common courtesy....or vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment