Saturday, January 29, 2011

Best Reason of the Week to Call Off Work

As an employer, you've heard every excuse under the sun why an employees NEEDS the day off or just can't make it in.  The best reason I head this week comes from one of our employees who has been around for a while. It went something like this:

"I don't think I can make it in today. My boyfriend came home drunk last night and was falling down and breaking stuff.  When I told him to leave, he started smashing shit and woke up the baby. I had to call the cops. So I didn't get any sleep. ...plus it's snowing really bad outside and I don't know if I can make it there. I think I will just get some sleep and then work from home."

Said employee lives 10 miles from work in next town.  She was seen later that day in town, driving to meet someone.  Then later in the day she did a Facebook update from another town 20 miles away. To be fair, she did log-in for about an hour from home that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment